Monday, April 14, 2008

Stella Bella the Canadian Idol Wannabee

So Stella heard that Canadian Idol audition had made its way to Toronto and she immediately decided she wanted to go try out.
I tried to talk her out of it.

"First of all Stella, even if you do manage overwhelm the judges with your adorable-ness to the point that they all overlook the fact that you are, well, not actually human, they won't like your song choice .... Yes, I do think that you do a great rendition of Ludacris' You's a Ho but I don't think they will like that much profanity. It's a family show, you see ... "

Despite my objections, Stella sprayed on her best doggie cologne, which is actually just a nice smelling conditioner for her skin and coat because I refuse to buy actual doggie cologne, and headed off first thing Saturday morning to auditions. Unfortunately, as you can see from the photo below, Stella was a little confused. The poor girl went to the wrong stage.


Stella sat very pretty waiting for her audience to show up but no one came. I did sit down and offer to listen but I think Stella thought I was patronizing her.



So we left the stage and headed over to the boardwalk. Luckily Stella is an "out of site, out of mind" kinda pup and was immediately distracted from her troubles by a big stick that needed to be chewed into two pieces.

2 comments:

Tara said...

The picture of her sitting on the stage all pretty and well behaved is just priceless.

I know another certain BT who would do nothing of the sort.

Nanette said...

Ha! She was just surveying the territy for pigeons she could chase and people she could sucker into petting her.